Whether you are starting a new company for yourself, contesting a tax ruling with the government, or managing your family’s estate, our law firm brings exceptional experience and advice to help you overcome even the most complex legal obstacles.
To provide exceptional representation for our clients by developing solutions through partnership.
How We’re Different
No matter how daunting your situation, we have a reputation for calming your fears and finding a path forward that’s right for you. When your business or life brings challenges great or small, we deliver answers with assurance - so you can focus on what matters the most.
Today, Leighton’s interest in using techniques to defend the transfer of wealth still exists. However, he now recognizes his integrated trust, estate, and tax experience can provide him with valuable strengths that can be strategically leveraged to help clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
U.S. Marine Captain, J.D., and LL.M.
From serving as a captain in the U.S. Marine Corps to his legal studies at the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law and Golden Gate University School of Law, Leighton developed a strong work ethic and the legal knowledge required to protect the interests of his clients.
- University of California, Davis, B.A., 2001
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Golden Gate University School of Law, LLM in Taxation, 2013
- State Bar of California (302950)
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- California Trust Practice, Assistant Editor; Matthew Bender; 2017, 2018, 2019 edition
- California Wills & Trusts Forms Vol. 1-3, Assistant Editor; Matthew Bender; 2017, 2018, 2019 edition
- California Wills & Trusts; Vol. 1-3, Assistant Editor; Matthew Bender; 2017, 2018, 2019 edition
- Client’s Guide to Administering the California Trust, Assistant Editor; Matthew Bender; 2017, 2018, 2019 edition
- “What’s Your Priority”; Contra Costa Lawyer Magazine, September 2017
- “Spendthrift Clauses” California Will Drafting Update Author; Chapter 27, Continuing Education of the Bar, 2016 edition
- “Transfer of Assets and Discharge of Personal Representative,” Decedent Estate Practice, Update Author; Chapter 32, Continuing Education of the Bar; 2017, 2018, 2019 edition
“Leighton helped with litigation over my mother’s trust. He was instrumental in guidingAnonymous
me in making sure my mother’s wishes were fulfilled and that I kept her safe.”
“I highly endorse this lawyer.”A.L.
“Mr. Burrey is awesome! My father and I have been working with him the past several months to set up POA documents and complete amendments to a trust. Mr. Burrey gave us great information, was very patient in answering our questions, always making sure we completely understood what we were doing.
He was very timely in preparation of all documents, and has gone out of his way to assist and accommodate the needs of my 91 year old father. Above and beyond his accessibility, friendliness, and professionalism, what is immeasurable to me, is his genuine concern, compassion and respect for me and my father. I wholeheartedly recommend him!”C.R.