Whether you’re starting or operating a business, or making decisions to grow and protect your personal wealth, you will need a smart, effective strategic tax plan.
Don’t miss out on critical tax savings or expose you or your business to serious legal troubles such as tax audits, deficiency actions or even criminal charges.
A knowledgeable tax attorney will help you capitalize on critical tax savings while also guiding you through any audits or tax deficiency actions. Have confidence that you and your business are legally compliant and that you are taking the necessary steps to reduce your tax burdens.
Contact a San Francisco tax planning lawyer at Business Estate & Tax Attorneys, P.C., today for a free and confidential consultation. You will learn about our firm’s experience in tax planning and how we can help you, your family or your business.
Personal Tax Planning
Having an effective tax strategy can preserve the value of your hard work and wealth for you and your loved ones. Our experienced tax attorneys can help you with these tax planning matters:
- Estate planning – Careful estate planning includes consideration of the tax implications of how your estate and assets will be managed and passed onto to your loved ones after your death. We can advise you on your estate planning options including discussing wills, trusts, and other legal mechanisms that can reduce your tax burdens and the legal difficulty of passing your estate to your family.
- Trusts – Trusts are frequently used by families to provide upfront tax savings. Trusts make it easier to pass on estates to children and grandchildren with a minimum of legal paperwork and a reduction in tax burdens. We can advise you on the tax benefits and legal implications of trust structures including irrevocable living trusts, generation-skipping trusts and charitable remainder trusts, among others.
- Large financial transactions – Large financial transactions typically involve unique legal and tax considerations. Purchasing and selling business interests, receiving equity awards, trading securities, or buying and selling high-value assets, such as boats or airplanes, carry significant tax implications. Before making important decisions about significant assets, let us help you understand your potential tax obligations so you can plan these transactions in a way that can minimize any tax liabilities.
- Real estate transactions – Property transactions, such as placing real estate in trust or transferring real estate to family, can have significant tax consequences. We can help you minimize personal income taxes or local property taxes that are triggered when you buy, sell or transfer real estate.
Business Tax Planning
Every business needs careful, thorough tax planning at each stage of the business life cycle to ensure legal compliance, take advantage of regulatory changes and avoid legal pitfalls.
Our firm can help your business structure advantageous tax and business strategies in the following areas:
- Business startups – Starting and structuring a new business entity requires careful consideration of the tax implications of the entity you choose. We can help you set up your business in a way that minimizes tax burdens and legal risks as you plan for your business’s future.
- Capital investments – Strategic capital investments in your business can set up your company for future growth and success. When done correctly, capital investments can give your business a financial boost at a lower tax cost.
- Liquidating assets – If your business is hanging on to unnecessary inventory and hard assets, liquidation can allow your company to save critical expenses while potentially also taking advantage of tax write-offs.
- Mergers – Mergers require careful business and tax planning to ensure that the anticipated growth in value and the synergies of the combined business are not wasted as a result of unexpected tax liabilities.
- Acquisitions – If your business is acquiring another company or you are selling your business, we can help you select the best option for structuring the transaction including possibly an asset purchase agreement or stock purchase agreement involving Qualified Small Business Stock, that may help you preserve the value of your company by minimizing taxes.
- Foreign operations – If your business operates in other states or countries, we can help your business comply with the applicable laws and regulations including taking advantage of tax laws that take effect when you operate in multiple jurisdictions.
How a San Francisco Tax Planning Attorney Can Help
Whether you own a business, have business interests or you are thinking about important personal or business transactions, our San Francisco tax planning attorneys at Business Estate and Tax Attorneys, P.C., can help you develop an effective tax strategy to minimize your liability and legal risks including:
- Reviewing your personal or business finances to better understand your tax needs and goals.
- Advising you on tax plans and strategies that can help you reduce tax liabilities and ensure compliance with applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Keeping you up to date on changes to tax codes to ensure your current plans remain legal and effective to attain your goals.
- Advising you on new benefits and opportunities that you may be entitled to use.
- Defending your rights and interests if you are faced with tax litigation, audits or deficiency actions.
If you or your business are interested in learning more about developing tax strategies that minimize tax liabilities, contact the San Francisco tax planning lawyers at Business Estate & Tax Attorneys, P.C., to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your unique circumstances.